Your body has remarkable powers of rejuvenation that help it to recover from accidents and illnesses. Science has begun to use this to leverage recent health inventions like cryotherapy.
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy involves the use of very low temperatures to cool the body. The cold causes blood vessels to constrict, which will reduce any inflammation. Inflammation causes aches, pain, illness and injury. Cryotherapy may:
- Relieve joint and body, back, and neck pain
- Eliminate cellulite
- Burn an extra 500-800 calories in just 3 minutes
- Improve recovery and soreness after working out
- Improve circulation
- Increase endorphins and improve mood (may be beneficial for depression)
- Reduce or remove varicose veins
- Rejuvenate your skin and collagen levels (so you look and feel younger)
- Alleviate arthritic conditions
What to Expect
You should arrive at Revital Ice at least 15 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive late, you may need to reschedule. The check in process will take you about 5 minutes and an additional 5-10 minutes to prepare for a whole-body cryotherapy session. For whole body cryotherapy, you’ll spend 3 minutes in the cryosauna, and one of our technicians will be in the room with you the entire time. Don’t worry about your privacy, the cryosauna only reveals your head and neck! For local cryotherapy, including, cryo facials or hand rejuvenation, your technician will tell you how to dress, and give you time to prepare. Your modesty is always protected at Revital Ice. When you’re done with your session, you’ll have 5-10 minutes to dress, and your checkout process will take a few minutes more. Don’t forget to re-book your next session!